Currently exhibiting the life and times of: Mylinn Ofeq, Independant State of Caledon

Letter 1

My dear Violet,

(I survive and the expedition is afoot.)
Do not tell Father or any good citizens of Caledon that my traveling companion is Mr. Rusty Buchanan of whose acquaintance I had not previously enjoyed. He strikes one as a black sheep but pray, do not distress for his actions to date have been of the most noble. He neither scolds nor hinders my endeavors. There is a small crew of mixed sex aboard his craft. Be not afraid for me, dear one.
Did I tell you of the airship conveyance? It comes with a small shuttle not mind the the type you use in weaving. The name may have been drawn from these for it carries us back and forth between the land and ship. Metal **text missing** things I do not understand and noises I am not accustomed to comprise both vessels.
My cabin is not as spacious as one might desire in normal times. Comfort is aided by the package you tucked into my night clothes. Lavender and traces of rose scent my quarters now. Where ever did you locate six pairs of stockings in such short time? I treasure you for thinking of the small luxeries one so misses when away. To hide them so my surprise would add to the pleasure, trust you are in my thoughts daily. So caring of one you have only known so briefly. My love and regard are yours always.
Please do write and tell me of your garden plans. I shall never be where the regular Caledon mails can find me so save them in one of your journals. Thinking of sharing tea and looking over your drawings gives me the warm comfort of home. Do take care dear one. The gardeners have strictest instruction to do what ever you request.







Privation and a lack of good workmen has so far been the most difficult to manage. Good stout shoes have prevented injury, yet the buckle on the left has worked loose. Nothing we have crossed thus far resembles cobbler's shop. They may have never developed in this culture. Or one can only consider that they may all be in the poorhouse. The footwear, when **text missing** is present is of a quality no respectable or competent cobbler would claim. One savage, seemingly female in sex, passed me walking on her toes. Heels are a shape and item I can recognize at sight. The back portion of her foot gear consisted of some eight inches of peg shaped clear material. As clear as the best quality glass and it was used in footwear. The most shocking of all was the small fish swimming inside the peg shape. I marveled once my discomf **text missing** has subsided yet the natives did not seem to notice she was transporting her lunch in such an odd place.


The survey of building structures is consuming all my waking hours. Please forward these materials on to Mme. Nicholas. I am reserving a full set of notes and material samples here. Mr. Buchanan's fine ship has a sizable cargo capacity. Doing everything twice is one of Father's maxims. Twice is, I trust, enough precaution when balanced with the enormity of project in front of me. The sample bags your schoolgirls altered are holding up remarkably well. Pass my regards and appreciation along to them at your next lesson. Bits of rock, special stone, wood and material I can not name are each in their own little pocket of numbered fabric. I suspect the school could garner a small income by producing more pouches while learning their stitches.


I shall close in order to conserve my writing supplies. So much is here to see, survey, sample and record I fear I shall run out by next week. My writing ever cramped is becoming illegible in the attempt to conserve paper.


Mylinn Ofeq